Join Abundant Housing LA in getting the word out – No on Measure S!
Measure S, an initiative on the Mar 7 election ballot, seeks to impose a two-year ban on all housing developments that require zoning changes. This is the opposite of what is needed in a city with a severe housing shortage and an affordability crisis. If passed, the measure would make Los Angeles more expensive for everyone, resulting in dislocation, increased traffic (via longer commutes), and the loss of thousands of housing-related jobs. If you want to help put a stop to this, spread the message – No on Measure S – by joining us at the events below!
All events, unless otherwise noted, will be at the AFL/CIO offices (2130 James M Wood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90006)
- 2/16 – phonebanking, 5-8pm
- 2/22 – AHLA general meeting, where we’ll encourage everybody to text and email their friends to turn out the vote (Mercado Paloma community room)
- 2/23 – phonebanking, 5-8pm
- 2/25 – canvassing, 9am-1pm
- 3/2 – phonebanking, 5-8pm
- 3/4 – canvassing, 9am-1pm
- 3/5 – canvassing, 9am-1pm
- 3/6 – phonebanking, 5-8pm